Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One Race, One People

I have many different identities in the world. I’m a student, I’m a part of the youth of America, I’m a son and a brother, and I’m a minority. I affect the culture as part of the youth the greatest simply because our voice in society tends to be the loudest. However, my role is to improve our society to the best of my ability not just for my peers and community, but for myself as well. Putting identity aside, we all have the same role in society; to improve humanity and progress as a race. It’s hard to keep that in mind when we identify ourselves as different groups of people, whether it’s based off our skin color, ethnicity, or what we believe, we’re simply getting in our own way. One of my dreams is to see us all working together to advance humanity. We’re all the same, we all want the best for ourselves and our families, we all have hopes and dreams but we seem determined to kill the hopes and dreams of our fellow man. We’re digging our own graves by doing so. It’s becoming apparent that we will face a problem that affects all of us equally, whether that be global warming or something else, but I can promise you that the day will come when the only way to survive is by working together as one race. I just hope we can overcome our differences by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment