Thursday, October 20, 2011

Outlines

The outline example in the text was very useful. I liked how everything was broken down, not only in simple bullets, but separated into different sub-topics and with full sentences under each of them. It truly does give an outline of the actual paper and I believe it will help considerably in writing the actual paper. Doing an outline this way helps avoid procrastination because I basically had to write most of my essay simply for the outline. It was a good step before having to put everything together and writing a rough draft. I did my outline a little differently than the example in the text did. I had a subtopic, then I gave my first point along with one or two pieces of evidence, then I usually gave a second point in my essay followed by another two pieces of evidence. I believe that this method will make it easier for the Assertion, Evidence, and then Analysis form that I’m trying to follow for this paper. All in all, this outline was benefit me greatly and I will follow it closely when writing my first draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment